1/3 Photos of Escargots Aux Champignons
Chef Kate's Note:
This is from the menu of the Court of Two Sisters, a charming restaurant on Royal Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. In the same location, two sisters really did run a shop from 1886 until they died within 2 months of each other in 1924. The property has been operated as a restaurant since 1963.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the broiler.
- 2Cream the softened butter with all the rest of the ingredients, except the mushrooms and snails.
- 3Remove the stems from the mushrooms caps (reserve for other use).
- 4Stuff each mushroom cap with a snail.
- 5Cover each snail with a spoonful of the butter mixture.
- 6Broil stuffed mushrooms for six to eight minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Escargots Aux Champignons
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 362.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: