Recipe by Chef Kate
This is from the menu of the Court of Two Sisters, a charming restaurant on Royal Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. In the same location, two sisters really did run a shop from 1886 until they died within 2 months of each other in 1924. The property has been operated as a restaurant since 1963.
Top Review by ingridlindquist_12705353
I loved this recipe. However, I made garlic butter to put on the bread, added fresh basil, a slice of roma tomato, and julianned mozzeralla cheese. I sauted the mushrooms in white wine, for just a couple of minutes. After the oven, I drizzled the sauce over them. Big hit!
- 12 tablespoons butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 teaspoon green onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 24 mushroom caps
- 24 snails, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Cream the softened butter with all the rest of the ingredients, except the mushrooms and snails.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms caps (reserve for other use).
- Stuff each mushroom cap with a snail.
- Cover each snail with a spoonful of the butter mixture.
- Broil stuffed mushrooms for six to eight minutes.