Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful way to serve escargot. The only way my husband will eat them.
- 1 can escargot, drained,rinsed,cleaned (I always buy the big ones)
- mushroom cap (however many you need, and I keep the tails for an omelet)
- 1⁄2 lb of semi-salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 slice of swiss emmenthaler cheese
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Take the butter and garlic and put into a microwave safe dish, and heat until the butter is just melted.
- Put a small amount of the butter in each escargot indent on your dish.
- then put a mushroom cap in each indent, then put a little butter into each mushroom cap.
- Next, put an escargot into each mushroom cap.
- I usually have a few extra and I just distribute them evenly on the dishes.
- Add all the remaining butter evenly over the dishes.
- Put the dishes on a cookie sheet and into a 400 degree oven, and watch closely.
- As soon as the butter starts to bubble, put 1 to 2 slices of the Emmental cheese per dish, and top with a little parmesan.
- Return to the oven and broil until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Guten Apetit.