Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hate snails, but DH loves them. Every once in a while I'll make them for him. He loves this version.
- 24 snails, rinsed and drained
- 24 snail shells
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter
- 22.18 ml shallots, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the butter, shallots, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until the butter is soft and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put about 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in each shell, followed by a snail, and then another 1/4 tablespoon of butter.
- Place on individual oven-proof serving dishes and bake in a 400F (200C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the butter begins to bubble.
- Serve with crusty French bread (baguette) for sopping up the sauce.
- * Canned escargots (snails) can be bought, complete with empty shells for serving, in most supermarkets in the US.
I tagged this recipe and then saw all the Saturated fat in it so I made some changes. I created this Snails Bourgugnonne/Escargots a La Bourguignonne still fattening but not as bad for you. I rate recipes according to my changes and loved it! I know it would have been just as yummy if made according as directed. All the changes for this recipe is here Snails Bourgugnonne/Escargots a La Bourguignonne. Thanks bunches for a yummy treat. We all enjoyed it.