Recipe by lazyme
I hate snails, but DH loves them. Every once in a while I'll make them for him. He loves this version.
Top Review by Rita~
I tagged this recipe and then saw all the Saturated fat in it so I made some changes. I created this Recipe #362024 still fattening but not as bad for you. I rate recipes according to my changes and loved it! I know it would have been just as yummy if made according as directed. All the changes for this recipe is here Recipe #362024. Thanks bunches for a yummy treat. We all enjoyed it.
- 24 snails, rinsed and drained
- 24 snail shells
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix the butter, shallots, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until the butter is soft and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put about 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in each shell, followed by a snail, and then another 1/4 tablespoon of butter.
- Place on individual oven-proof serving dishes and bake in a 400F (200C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the butter begins to bubble.
- Serve with crusty French bread (baguette) for sopping up the sauce.
- * Canned escargots (snails) can be bought, complete with empty shells for serving, in most supermarkets in the US.