Recipe by Bergy
I am not agreat fan of escargot but I have a friend that even orders Escargot Pizzas so I make these for her and I must admit I enjoy them too - once in a while! Some people like to top with cheese but I like the aroma from the garlic and sopping up the butter with bits of the roll
- 20 large stuffing mushrooms, cleaned,stems removed
- 1 (200 g) can escargot (there are usually 36-50 in a tin)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 10 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 5 -10 crusty rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the bottom of your mushrooms in 2 tbsp of butter- 3 minutes flip and brown the top edge 2 minutes.
- Stuff each mushroom with 1/2 tsp chopped garlic,tuck in 2-3 escargot, top with 1 tsp butter.
- Place mushrooms side by side in an oven proof pan or better use individual escargot oven proof dishes.
- Pre heat oven to 375F Bake for 15-20 minutes Serve with warm crisp rolls.