Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just the way I like my escargot. Simple and yet elegant and great. Hint; I buy the snails from IGourmet. They sell a can that contains 72, enough for 12 servings @ a really good price and they are as good or better than the higher priced ones. Truly restaurant quality.
- 36 escargot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Wash and drain the snails.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and the garlic over medium low heat for a minute or two.
- Pour this mixture in a food processor and add the parsley, remaining butter and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Take 2 tsp of this mixture and the snails in a saute pan. Cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put the snails in shells (if desired) or directly on plate.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over them.
- Serve with a good crusty bread for dipping up the sauce.
I get mine from Igourmet too and they are great. My recipe is very much like yours. I happen to have some shitakes so I sliced them up into the saute. Thanks for reminding me how to make this delicious dish.