Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Escargot and Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 24 escargot (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (peeled,chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 sprigs parsley (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove (peeled, whole)
- 24 large mushroom caps (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (minced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- Combine the escargot, carrot, onion, celery, parsley, wine, water peppercorns and garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat oven 400.
- Place mushroom caps on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter. Bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet.
- Add shallot and garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add to escargot mix along with the pecans, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into caps, making sure each gets 1 escargot.
- Return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with coganc. Ignite. Serve as soon as the flame dies out.