1/3 Photos of Escargot a La Bourguignonne
The simple and classic method for escargot. :) This is the way they are prepared at 13 Coins in Seattle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic, and brandy in a bowl and blend well.
- 3Place a snail in each shell and fill the cavity with the seasoned butter. (If you do not have shells, you can use escargot baking dishes - this is actually how I prefer to make them. Most of such dishes hold 6 escargot apiece.).
- 4Place on a baking pan and bake for twelve minutes.
- 5Serve hot, as an appetizer, on individual snail dishes - or on small folded napkins on plates, to keep the shells from sliding about. Also, small silver forks to easily eat them with are a good idea.
- 6Make sure to have plenty of good bread alongside, to mop up the delicious butter sauce! :).
- 7Also good with a bit of Parmesan sprinkled on top of each.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escargot a La Bourguignonne
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned French snails