Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, classic preparation. Delicious!
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Pernod
- 1 (7 ounce) can snails, rinsed
- 4 ounces mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 (F).
- Mix the butter, garlic, parsley, and shallot togother, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Quarter the mushroom caps.
- In small saucepan, simmer the snails and mushrooms in the wine and Pernod until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place snail and mushroom mixture in small shallow baking dish or ramekin along with the prepared butter. Place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and continue in oven until lightly browned.
- Serve with crusty French bread.