When you are craving something with lots of butter and garlic and perhaps something a little out of the ordinary! Believe it or not, the kids all love this dish. This is the best recipe we have found to cook snails. It's from The Joy of Cooking. Use the snail butter in Snail Butter. Serve as an appetizer with plenty of hot bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Reduce the consomme and wine to 1 Cup over high heat cooked with the bay leaf and garlic.
- 3Put the shells in a colander and pour the warm water over them and drain well.
- 4Place shells in a shallow casserole dish large enough to hold all shells in one layer.
- 5Put a dab of snail butter in each shell.
- 6Simmer the snails briefly in the hot reduced consomme-wine mixture.
- 7Place snail in each shell and cover with remaining snail butter.
- 8Pour wine-consomme mixture in the bottom of dish holding the shells.
- 9Place in the oven and cook for a few minutes, just long enough to get the snails piping hot.
- 10Serve hot with bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escargot
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: