From the *Carnival Creations* cookbook by Cyrus Marfatia (Exec Chef of Carnival Cruise Lines), the intro for this recipe described it as "An exceptional French recipe combining veal, apples & mushrooms w/a brandy cream sauce" & I certainly concur. This is a quick & easy-fix for such a stellar outcome. *Enjoy* ! (Times were estimated & 10 min allowed for ingredient prep)
- For Brandy Cream Sauce:.
- In a lrg frying pan, heat butter over high-heat. Stir in apples + mushrooms & cook till apples & mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a med saucepan, heat the brandy. When hot, carefully ignite. Stir in bemi-glace + cream & bring to a slightly rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in apple mixture & set aside, but keep warm.
- For Escalopes:.
- Place flour in a shallow dish, season w/salt + pepper & coat veal w/flour mixture.
- In a lrg frying pan, heat oil over med-high heat till hot. Add veal & cook 3-4 min for medium, turning once. Serve immediately w/brandy cream sauce.
Oh my gosh. This is one of those rare dishes that I truly wish there were more than 5 stars available. This was a real treat! I followed the recipe exactly as written. I think the homemade espagnole sauce that I use for the demi-glace was not strained quite to the recipe's exact specifications (however, I think that "mistake" actually worked out in our favor, because the little bits of beef and spices that remained just tended to add that much extra flavor to the sauce). This is defnitely a dish to reserve for only the most special of occasions. Very very tasty, and a BIG hit in my family. Thanks for posting such a gem of a recipe, twisis.