Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 cups potatoes, sliced thin (raw)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper and pimento mix, grated
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan, then blend in flour. Cook over moderate heat and slowly stir in milk. Season with salt & pepper and continue cooking until sauce is smooth and boiling.
- Reduce heat and add cheese, stirring, until cheese is blended, then add green pepper/pimento mixture, stir, and remove from heat.
- Grease a baking dish and fill with alternate layers of potatoes and sauce.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees, until potatoes are done, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Potatoes may be turned with a spoon to ensure even cooking.
Yum yum! This was the first time I didn't burn milk on the stove! My husband & I both enjoyed this meal. I am not much of a cook & this was super easy to make! Love it, thank you. :)
WOW! My husband thought this dish was the greatest! I used exact ingredients except I increased the cheese to about 1 1/2 cups. Instead of regular velveeta, I used the "mexican velveeta", It added a little ZIP to the dish. What a great recipe!! 5 plus stars!!!