Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Grandfather's recipe. My grandfather was famous for his garden and his cooking with the vegetables from his garden. He even made the local newspaper with a page of his recipes. This is taken directly from the newspaper article. I have not tried it but let me know if you do.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimento cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup thick white sauce
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 3 whole tomatoes, cooked
- buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Peel Egg Plant, cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Add Cheese mustard, pepper and paprika to white sauce and cook over hot water until cheese melts.
- In Greased baking dish place layer of eggplant, then layer of ham.
- Pour layer of sauce.
- Make other layers until all ingredients are used.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place on top.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350.