Recipe by Edward S
My Grandfather's recipe. My grandfather was famous for his garden and his cooking with the vegetables from his garden. He even made the local newspaper with a page of his recipes. This is taken directly from the newspaper article. I have not tried it but let me know if you do.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimento cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup thick white sauce
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 3 whole tomatoes, cooked
- buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel Egg Plant, cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Add Cheese mustard, pepper and paprika to white sauce and cook over hot water until cheese melts.
- In Greased baking dish place layer of eggplant, then layer of ham.
- Pour layer of sauce.
- Make other layers until all ingredients are used.
- Cut tomatoes in half and place on top.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350.