Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that has been used in my husband's family for years. We make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas and there are never any leftovers.
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fine cracker crumb
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix together in order given to blend well.
- Pour into buttered, covered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for a total of 45-50 minute Remove cover the last 10-15 minute to brown a little. Serve as soon as you remove it from the oven.
Wonderful comfort food. I usually throw in a handful of frozen corn kernels to add a texture and ramp up the veggie amount. Thanks for entering an old family favorite with exact amounts... rather than mom's vague (but beloved) amounts.
This was a huge hit at the dinner table! Followed the recipe to the T and everyone loved it! I told my DH what it was, but he didn't listen to me, so when he took the first bite he asked, "what's this corn stuff again?" I guess he needed to know for future requests :) Made for PAC spring '10.
My husband who usually doesn't care for baked corn recipes really loved this. I however didn't care for it. I'm giving it 4 stars since one of us loved it and the other didn't. Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0