Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Leftover Chicken to the rescue! Good for a light supper or brunch. Good with turkey too!
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Layer chicken, celery, crumbs and parsley in greased casserole.
- I use a square one.
- Add salt and eggs to chicken broth.
- Pour over mixture in casserole.
- Bake casserole in a pan of water at 350 for one hour.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I took the first comments seriously and added a teaspoon of Dijon mustard. I also substituted stuffing crumbs for the bread crumbs. I served the chicken on a puddle of Hollandaise sauce with fresh steamed broccoli. Outstanding!
This was quite good Laurie, it was a good way to use up left over chicken but we found it to be a little bland. I would make it again but i think I would add some spices to give it a little more taste, or maybe add some dejong mustard to the custard. A great idea to beat the eggs with the chicken broth, made it quite nice and custardy and the bread crumbs allowed it to be cut into squares. Thanks for sharing.