Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the Easy Holiday Entertaining booklet. The description given for this recipe says that the aroma of this dish will draw everyone into the kitchen. The author recommends using this dish as a topping over pancakes or baked oatmeal!
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix vanilla and milk; pour evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Yummy on oatmeal, but can see it on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream. I made this yesterday and then nuked in microwave. I had some French Vanilla cream so used this instead of milk. Made for Think Pink 2011.
Five stars after the first half bite LOL This tastes awesome! I used gluten free flour and coconut milk to be gluten and dairy free, and it was so, so good. Also I reduced the amount of sugar because we don't like it too sweet, just personal odd preferences :) Thanks for sharing this comfort food, I HAVE to make it again. Like WiGal, I can see it on ice cream, oatmeal, chia seed pudding ... Made for For Your Consideration Game.