My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups papayas, cut in strips
- 1 medium fish
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 hot pepper, cut in strips
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fat (for frying fish)
- 1Clean fish and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Let stand about 15 minutes and drain well.
- 3Fry in hot oil until brown and set aside.
- 4Saute garlic,ginger,onion and papaya until papaya is half cooked.
- 5Add salt and hot pepper and mixture of vinegar,water,sugar,soy sauce and flour.
- 6Cook until liquid thickens and the papaya becomes tender.
- 7Place fried fish on a platter and pour over it the gravy mixture.
- 8Garnish with sliced red-sweet pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escabeche with Papaya
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 1926.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: