Recipe by PanNan
This is a spicy chicken soup recipe.
Top Review by sheepdoc
I was skeptical but this soup is awesome. It's like a big bowl of hot, spicy pickled onions and I like that. I wasn't sure about the chicken parts; sounded like legs and wings, etc., with bones, so I deboned it and cut in bite-sized pieces before cooking. I am thrilled to have this for lunch for the next few days!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up into parts
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 5 tablespoons vinegar (or more, adjust to taste)
- 3 jalapeno chiles, diced (or other spicy chiles)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the water in large pot to boil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces and brown in large fry pan. Pour off rendered fat and add chicken to boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add chiles, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and turn down heat. Simmer for five to ten minutes.
- Add vegetables and vinegar. Simmer for ten minutes. or until vegetables are tender and serve.