2 hrs 15 mins
This is one of those healthy vegetarian dishes I used to live on in the '80's during my health and fitness stage. Too bad I didn't stick with it. Still this is a great recipe and I have enjoyed it many times with several variations (Note: I'm guessing on the serving size...don't have that written down anywhere)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lentils thoroughly.
- 2Add lentils, barley, rice and salt to large pan and cover with plenty of water.
- 3Cook on low heat until done.
- 4Cancrockpot for several hours.
- 5When done, add 4 Tbs yeast, soy sauce, tomatoes, onion powder.
- 6Pottageshould be moist.
- 7May bake in 9 X 12 dish.
- 8Bake covered for 35 minutes at 350F or may be eaten as is.
- 9Note:High protein when served with 100% whole wheat bread and served with a fruit dish.
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Esau's Pottage
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: