3 hrs 30 mins
Melissa Spangler's Note:
My husband is an avid duck hunter and this is his recipe for duck gumbo. It's the best I've ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/2 cup of the oil over medium heat in a large heavy pot.
- 2Add the flour, stirring constantly until dark brown.
- 3Add the onion and green onion and cook until tender.
- 4Add the boiling water and season with Tabasco, salt& red pepper.
- 5Season the duck with salt& red pepper.
- 6Heat the remaining oil in a skillet& brown the duck pieces.
- 7Transfer the duck to the gumbo.
- 8Simmer, uncovered on low 2-2 1/2 hours.
- 9Add the sausage slices, green onion tops and parsley.
- 10Cook 30 minutes longer.
- 11Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for E's Duck Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.8
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 390.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g