Cook1 hr 5 mins
Nice on a cold night.
Make and share this Erin's Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter over medium-low in a large deep pan.
- Add chopped onions and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the flour and stir until the flour becomes frothy.
- Add the half and half and milk 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring in between.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Add ham, stir.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish and put into the oven at 400F for 45 minutes, covered.
- Uncover after 45 minutes and continue baking at 400F for 20 minutes.