1/3 Photos of Erin's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our family "adopts" many new people as they enter our lives through the military, college, work, etc. I always ask them to bring a "family tradition" dish with them when they attend holiday meals and then we incorporate their traditions with ours. I have gathered many favorites over the years by doing this and there is a fond memory attached to each recipe. This cookie came from a college friend of my cousin Jane. It is simple in flavor (not too sweet) and is like a cake cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and shortening.
- 3Add pumpkin and egg and mix again.
- 4In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 5In a condiment bowl or small cup, dissolve baking soda into milk.
- 6Add baking soda mixture to dry ingredients and blend.
- 7Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet, add vanilla, and mix well.
- 8Fold in chocolate chips.
- 9Drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- 10I line the sheet with parchment paper.
- 11Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden around bottom edges.
- 12This makes a small batch (I am guessing about 4 dozen) I often double the recipe with no problem!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Erin's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 522.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g