1/3 Photos of Erin's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our family "adopts" many new people as they enter our lives through the military, college, work, etc. I always ask them to bring a "family tradition" dish with them when they attend holiday meals and then we incorporate their traditions with ours. I have gathered many favorites over the years by doing this and there is a fond memory attached to each recipe. This cookie came from a college friend of my cousin Jane. It is simple in flavor (not too sweet) and is like a cake cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and shortening.
- 3Add pumpkin and egg and mix again.
- 4In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 5In a condiment bowl or small cup, dissolve baking soda into milk.
- 6Add baking soda mixture to dry ingredients and blend.
- 7Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet, add vanilla, and mix well.
- 8Fold in chocolate chips.
- 9Drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- 10I line the sheet with parchment paper.
- 11Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden around bottom edges.
- 12This makes a small batch (I am guessing about 4 dozen) I often double the recipe with no problem!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Erin's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 522.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g