Recipe by Miss Erin C.
Chewy cookies that are a favorite at potlucks!
Top Review by Mark H.
These were excellent cookies. Easy to make and everybody loved them. The only change to the recipe I made was I added about a half cup of butterscotch chips that I had leftover from Christmas. Thanks for posting this recipe Erin.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream shortning and sugars on medium speed.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden.