Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I really like citrus juice and chicken. It's a great pairing.
Top Review by Lennie
Great flavour! I roasted the chicken covered for the first half of cooking time, then added 1 tbsp olive oil to the orange juice and poured that into the pan for the last half of cooking time; cooked it uncovered, basting like mad. When done, and while the chicken rested, I put the pan with the drippings on the stove and boiled it, whisking up the brown bits, until reduced to a syrupy consistency. Fabulous! I didn't even need to add salt or pepper to the sauce! Erin, this recipe is a real keeper; very easy and very delicious!
- 1 (4 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean chicken and pat dry.
- Rub skin with half of 1 orange.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with 2 orange halves, garlic cloves and the butter.
- Roast at 350F for 22 minutes for each pound.
- Make sauce by adding orange juice to the pan drippings and reducing by half.