Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this when I was making Rise's Bleu Cheese Beef Tenderloin, it was the perfect side dish!
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Peel the potatoes and quarter.
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from cooking liquid and mash to desired consistencey (I like mine a bit lumpy).
- Add a few spoonfuls of the cooking liquid and the sour cream and combine.
- Serve as a side with steak!
These were good. It was nice to have something other than plain mashed potatoes.
These are very tasty and they make your house smell great. Personally, I never would've thought of using anything other than water or stock to boil the potatoes, but I'm relatively new to the kitchen. Thanks, Erin.
A great change from regular mashed potatoes. My family loved them. Another keeper! Thanks!