Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I discovered this recipe when I ran out of food the day before my husbands payday little did I know it was already thought of. I only had a few things lying around and I conjured "erin's crock pot cabbage soup". I personally like this recipe because it's very filling and easy to cook. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 whole white onions or 2 whole yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces tomato sauce, more if you wish
- Cut up your cabbage into small pieces.
- dice the onions (preferably in long thin pieces).
- grade your garlic on a cheese grader into the crock pot.
- fill crock pot 3/4 of the way with water.
- cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- now add your tomato sauce (and more water, if needed).
- add any seasonings you like for flavor.
- i use pepper, salt, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning cook on low for 2 more hours or until you have reached your desired consistency.
- eat your heart out.