Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I tried this cabbage salad at a party and loved it so much I had to ask for the recipe. I love the crunch of the ramen noodles with the slivered almonds, and it has just a bit of sweetness to it. Most of the salad can be made in advance - just don't assemble it until you're ready to serve.
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 head cabbage (or 2 bags of pre-shredded cabbage)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil (vegetable oil, but not olive)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Crush ramen while still in package (be careful of it bursting - you may want to put the package into a ziploc bag first).
- Melt butter in a saute pan, and saute almonds, ramen, and flavor packet on medium heat until the ramen is golden brown.
- Combine sugar, oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a container until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients are well-combined.
- Do not assemble salad until ready to eat - it doesn't store well once combined.
This has such great flavor! With the addition of cooked chicken or shrimp, this could be a complete meal. Everyone loved this, which is not usual at our dinner table. Thanks, wyndechyme! Made for My 3 Chefs event, Office Cube Salads theme.