Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this at least once a week, sometimes I add some chicken breast to the broccoli mixture.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Put the water and the rice in a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Saute the onion and broccoli in the oils until the onions are soft.
- Add the garlic, saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the sauce mixture and heat through.
- Serve with the rice.
I made this last night for dad and myself and we quite enjoyed it. I added a tsp. of salt to the rice while cooking it as well as a 1/4 tsp. of the same to the sauce while making that. I boiled the broccoli in another saucepan until it was tender(did this in order to retain its colour). Then, added the broccoli to the onion-garlic mixture followed by the sauce. While making the sauce I used 1 1/4 cups of water. I garnished the dish with cilantro and served it with rotis as well as with rice.