Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
so they say that REAL men don't eat quiche but i'm going to have to differ... either that or make some lifestyle evaluations :) all kidding aside i'm an athlete and usually am inhaling a veritable ton of calories; quiche works well. i found this recipe some time back and have made some changes to make it a bit bigger and a ton healthier. and spicier! hope you like.
- olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
- 10 eggs, worth of beaters divided in half
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese, whipped
- 4 ounces hot diced green chilies (8 is even better if you're really brave)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 6 ounces cooked and chopped chicken
- 2 -3 cups low fat Mexican blend cheese
- preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- in a large mixing bowl combine first half of egg substitute, flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. best to use beaters on this as to whip as much air into this as possible.
- in a seperate bowl (or food processor) whip the cottage cheese until creamy. again, best to use either the processor or beaters for this.
- return to first bowl and add second half of the eggs, milk and whip until smooth.
- stir the cottage cheese into the egg mix.
- fold in the green chiles, onion, chicken and cheese.
- pour into baking dish and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack. reduce temperature to 350 deg. and bake for another 30 minutes.