Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This sweet dessert is a cross between a cheesecake and a pudding. I always get request to make this for every special occasion, holiday, or pot luck. People think it sounds weird at first, but then taste it and fall in love! You can serve with similar items that you would serve a cheese cake with, cherry pie filling, strawberries, chocolate sauce, or cinnamon sugar.
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 lb sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, soften
- 1⁄2 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles according to package directions to al dente.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain egg noodles well and add to mixing bowl (the heat from the noodles will help melt everything together).
- Add mixture into a large square cake pan.
- Cook until set about 45 min to an hour depending on size of pan.
- When done stick under broiler until top of kugel is brown and crispy. About 3-5 minute.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate before serving.