1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My friend's husband made this for us shortly after we'd both had babies. It was such a welcome treat to have something so delicious made for us...without doing any of the work! This bread has lots of flavor and is well seasoned. I believe you shouldn't have to read 50 reviews in order to get a recipe right and this one is perfect as is. He said it came from his bread machine recipe book. He used the dough cycle to do most of the work then baked it in the oven. I have to admit I'm submitting this recipe not so much in the interest of sharing this joy with others but so I won't ever risk losing the recipe again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all of the ingredients except the butter and parmesan flakes into the bread machine.
- 2Set the dough cycle on your bread machine and let it prepare the dough.
- 3Punch down the dough and divide it in half.
- 4Spray a sheet pan, or line with parchment paper, and shape both pieces into loaves.
- 5Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle them with the parmesan flakes.
- 6Cover with paper towels or kitchen towels and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 375.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Let cool for a few minutes, if you can wait that long.
- 10Slice and serve hot with butter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eric's Yummy Italian Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: