Recipe by greenlove00
My friend's husband made this for us shortly after we'd both had babies. It was such a welcome treat to have something so delicious made for us...without doing any of the work! This bread has lots of flavor and is well seasoned. I believe you shouldn't have to read 50 reviews in order to get a recipe right and this one is perfect as is. He said it came from his bread machine recipe book. He used the dough cycle to do most of the work then baked it in the oven. I have to admit I'm submitting this recipe not so much in the interest of sharing this joy with others but so I won't ever risk losing the recipe again.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- parmesan cheese, FLAKES not grated bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients except the butter and parmesan flakes into the bread machine.
- Set the dough cycle on your bread machine and let it prepare the dough.
- Punch down the dough and divide it in half.
- Spray a sheet pan, or line with parchment paper, and shape both pieces into loaves.
- Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle them with the parmesan flakes.
- Cover with paper towels or kitchen towels and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, if you can wait that long.
- Slice and serve hot with butter.