My brother made these for us and he gave up the recipe. A little messy but very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cubed eggplants
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup julienned green bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread (l lb.)
- lettuce leaf
- 1/2 lb sliced cooked ham
- 1/2 lb sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 lb sliced hard salami
- 1/2 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1In a big skillet, saute the first 6 ingredients in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
- 2Add tomato, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste; stir to mix.
- 3Take skillet off of heat and set aside.
- 4Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- 5Hollow out the bottom leaving a 1/2 inch shell; discard bread crumbs.
- 6Layer starting with lettuce, ham, turkey, salami, and cheese.
- 7Top with sauteed veggie mixture.
- 8Replace bread top.
- 9This makes a very full sandwich; secure with toothpicks and cut into slices.
- 10Have lots of napkins ready.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eric's Super Duper Stuffed Hero Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 925.0
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 1433.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 56.1 g