Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is probably the best ribs recipe in the world. I created it from a mix of others. It is genuinely canadian.
- 1 medium onion
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke (bought at Metro)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Boil between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 lbs of ribs in water for 1 hour.
- Mix all other ingredients together except the onion.
- Put the ribs by layers and put thin onion slices between the layers.
- Pour the mix on top and cook for 8 hours on LOW.
- At the end I thicken the gravy with 1 tsp of corn starch in 2 tbsp of cold water which I then pour in the hot gravy. It take about 15 minutes to get tick.