Recipe by Hazeleyes
This recipe is definitely a family favorite. I used to make these cookies at least once a week, and they disappeared about as fast as I could make them, especially when my son Eric and his friends would stampede into the kitchen after school!
Top Review by startnover
These were a nice change to my "regular" ones. The butter flavoring makes a big difference and I was OK w/ the sugar...not my favorite but everyone else seemed good with it. I did cook at 350 out of habit andthey turned out great. This ones a keeper!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening, margarine, and the white and brown sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter flavorings. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Shape into walnut sized balls, and flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!