Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is definitely a family favorite. I used to make these cookies at least once a week, and they disappeared about as fast as I could make them, especially when my son Eric and his friends would stampede into the kitchen after school!
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening, margarine, and the white and brown sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter flavorings. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Shape into walnut sized balls, and flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!
These were a nice change to my "regular" ones. The butter flavoring makes a big difference and I was OK w/ the sugar...not my favorite but everyone else seemed good with it. I did cook at 350 out of habit andthey turned out great. This ones a keeper!
Delicious cookies! I used real butter, rather than margarine, and did not have butter flavoring so I omitted it. Also, I was a bit lazy and used a cookie scoop rather than shaping into balls. :) I had never given the "sugar treatment" to the tops of chocolate chip cookies--usually only peanut butter cookies. My husband and son were a bit unsure how they felt about it (just because it was different), but they sure ate them up! Great recipe--thank you for posting it!
The best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever found! Soft and chewy just they way I like them. Thanks Hazeleyes!!