This recipe is definitely a family favorite. I used to make these cookies at least once a week, and they disappeared about as fast as I could make them, especially when my son Eric and his friends would stampede into the kitchen after school!
- In a mixing bowl beat the shortening, margarine, and the white and brown sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter flavorings. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Shape into walnut sized balls, and flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!