Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister Erica makes these wonderfully savory-sweet cocktail nuts. They are totally addictive. I especially like the rosemary flavor in there, totally unexpected. This is great to have at a cocktail party as they are simultaneously sweet, salty and spicy. Erica advises to always make a double batch to ensure there are enough left for guests to take home. Keep leftovers in an airtight container.
- 2 lbs raw unsalted nuts (usually pecans, almonds, walnuts, cashews and peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- Heat over to 300 degrees F. Baked nuts on rimmed baking sheet until toasted and golden brown (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- While nuts are toasting, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add honey, sugar, salt and red pepper. Stir until sugar has completely melted.
- Removed toasted nuts from oven and immediately toss with sugar mixture and rosemary until thoroughly coated.
- Salt, sugar and pepper can be increased or decreased to accomodate varying tastes.
- May be served hot or cold.
We love these !! Crunchy, salty, sweet, with a nice hit from the red pepper flakes, and rosemary. They really are addicting !!