Recipe by Little Bunny Fufu
This recipe was inspired by "Venison Stir-Fry" by DiB's, but is probably nothing like it due to all of the variations I made. It is REALLY good! YOU MUST TRY IT.
Top Review by rhondalynne
My whole family loved this, which is rare! I found the slight orange tang a nice change. I made a few changes by doubling the ingredients for the sauce (cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth and OJ concentrate) and adding 3 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally, 3 ribs of celery also sliced diagonally, and 1/4 cup chopped red pepper left over from another recipe. Left out the beans because I didn't have any fresh or frozen. I like to serve this over lentils for a lower carb meal.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 medium onion
- 3 -4 cups broccoli
- 2 cups green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, soy sauce, and concentrate in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix cornstarch with a little water.
- Rinse chicken and cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil on high in a large pan or wok.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and season with garlic salt; when cooked, set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons more oil to the pan and throw in minced onion.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli and green beans seperately in microwave, but make sure not to burn onions.
- When onions are lightly browned, add chicken; however, if vegetables are not steamed by the time onions are this color, remove pan/wok from heat with chicken and onions in it.
- After broccoli and green beans are partially (about 3/4 of the way) done, return pan to heat and add vegetables, stir-fry, adding rest of oil.
- Add soy sauce mixture, stir, then cornstarch mixture and cook quickly until slightly thicened, stirring all the while.
- Serve over rice.