Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ventura county chef Eric Olson won the Boursin Spiced Gournay Cheese 'Chef of the Year Contest' with this recipe. Clipped from the VV Daily Press.
- 1 cup rye breadcrumbs (about 2 1/2 slices rye bread, processed to crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 (5 1/4 ounce) packagesboursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and butter; press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly crisped and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with electric mixer beat Boursin Cheese 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sour cream and lemon juice; beat 2-3 minutes or until creamy.
- Stir in salmon, dill and lemon peel.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-50 minutes or until cheese is set in the center.
- On wire rack, cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove from springboard pan and garnish with smoked salmon curls, cucumber slices and dill sprigs.