Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ventura county chef Eric Olson won the Boursin Spiced Gournay Cheese 'Chef of the Year Contest' with this recipe. Clipped from the VV Daily Press.
- 1 cup rye breadcrumbs (about 2 1/2 slices rye bread, processed to crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 (5 1/4 ounce) packagesboursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and butter; press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly crisped and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with electric mixer beat Boursin Cheese 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sour cream and lemon juice; beat 2-3 minutes or until creamy.
- Stir in salmon, dill and lemon peel.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-50 minutes or until cheese is set in the center.
- On wire rack, cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove from springboard pan and garnish with smoked salmon curls, cucumber slices and dill sprigs.