Cook1 hr 30 mins
From Sandra Lee's 'Semi-Homemade Desserts' Biscotti from cake mix? Sounds too good to be true. One I must try. (Eric McCormack is Will from Will and Grace ^---)
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, flour, melted butter, eggs, and almond extract in large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes, or until dough forms. Knead almonds into dough.
- Scrape dough onto 1 prepared baking sheet and form dough into 13-inch log that is 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of biscotti comes out clean. Cool for 35 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut log crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Carefully transfer half of the biscotti to second prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange biscotti cut side down on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 200°F and bake for 40 minutes, or until biscotti are dry. Cook completely (biscotti will harden as they cool).
- Variation: Melt dark or white chocolate, then dip bottoms of biscotti in chocolate to coat. Transfer biscotti to wax paper and set aside until chocolate becomes firm.