Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Presoak peas, if necessary, according to package directions.
- Drain well, if presoaked.
- In a large pot, add water or stock, whole onion, carrot, turnip or parsnip, marjoram, thyme, and salt.
- Cook until peas and vegetables are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Drain well.
- Mash peas and vegetables in blender or press through a sieve.
- In a small frying pan, saute the minced onion in butter until lightly browned; blend in flour and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add to blended peas and vegetables.
- Beat until fluffy and serve hot.
Lovely flavor from the added vegetables - I was making this for a vegetarian friend so it was great that the usual ham bone was missing Thanks Julesong for tasty soup