Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Minimal and quick - less ingredients with tons of flavor!! Very fast and easy to make this receipt serves 2-3 people. But can scale to feed more This preps in three parts and can be ready to serve in as little as 20 min.
- Making the cabbage - Shred cabbage into a large mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons limejuice, toss and let sit.
- Making Shells - Using a Panini press, skillet or grill set on high heat, press and heat tortillas (two at a time or whatever will fit without overlapping) until tortillas are crisp yet still malleable. Remove from heat form into taco shell then set aside. Shells should be a balance of crispy and soft.
- Making the Sauce - In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro and finely diced red onion. Mix until well-combined, let sit.
- Making the Fish - Lightly coat fish in olive oil and season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. In the same device used to heat the tortillas, set to high heat and cook fish for 4-5min flipping after 3min. remove from heat, shred and place in serving dish.
- Assembling your best Fish Taco - Recipe works best as a communal dining experience! Place all of the taco separates in the dinning area and allow each person to build their own taco.
- The foundation - Take a taco shell a place a generous portion of shredded cabbage in the shell filling it ¾ of the way full.
- Putting the fish in “Fish Taco” - Place a medium size portion of the shredded mahi mahi on top of the cabbage filling the remain free space in the shell.
- The Top - Finally coat the top of the taco with the sauce… and Enjoy!
OMG! this was an excellent recipe. I added extra fresh cilantro and less onions to the mayo sauce. I added some freshly squeezed orange to the cabbage. My guests and I were amazed at how this turned out. Oh, I grilled my fish at 375 degrees for about 3-4 minutes on each sides. Making sure that it doesn't fall apart (brush some olive oil onto the grill so it doesn't stick)
I've never tried crack cocaine but if it tastes anything like these fish tacos I can understand why people get hooked! Excellent recipe!
These are AMAZING! We ate these for dinner tonight and were in heaven! I served them with fresh guacamole and chopped tomatoes with extra lime wedges. I will for sure make these many times.