Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
EQD = Easy Quick Dee-lish! Lower fat, all the taste creamed spinach!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 onion, grated fine, with juices
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- salt and pepper (optional)
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and 1oz of grated Parmesan, set aside.
- Over medium heat, pan fry bacon until crisp. Crumble bacon, set aside. Remove 1/2 of bacon fat from pan.
- Into pan with bacon fat, add onion and garlic; saute for about 1 min -until onion becomes translucent.
- Wash spinach in cold water; shake lightly. Do not allow to dry. Place rinsed spinach into pan and stir until wilted.
- Cover; cook on med-low heat for about 2 minutes. Remove lid, add cheese mixture; saute about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan to serving bowl, top with crumbled bacon and remaining parmesan. Sprinkle with Nature's Season, if desired, and serve.