Special cookies to celebrate the wisemen visiting the infant Christ. We save these cookies until AFTER Christmas. Hidden inside each mound of dough is a sweet surprise. Make or decorate them with three different shapes or sprinkle colors to signify Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bag candy bars, bite size (Dove, Reeses, Andes Mints, Milky Way, OR Snickers)
Decorative Topping Choices
- 1Combine butters and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one-at-a-time and blend well, then add vanilla.
- 3In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients, add to butter-egg mixture, mixing well to blend.
- 4Cover dough; chill for 2-3 hours.
- 5Unwrap chocolates (hide them from the kids and practice restraint in snitching!).
- 6Preheat oven to 325. Grease two cookie sheets.
- 7Divide dough into 1 tablespoon pieces, roll into a ball and flatten in hand.
- 8Place one piece of chocolate candy in center, pull cookie dough up and around, forming a ball shape.
- 9Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 10Divide cooled cookies into three equal sets. Using a cake decorator "writing" tip OR a zipper bag with the corner cut off, filled with butter cream frosting, decorate the tops of the sets as follows:.
- 11Set 1 over each cookie: spiral around the top; immediately sprinkle with one of the colored sugars.
- 12Set 2 over each cookie: make a stylized flower shape (like a daisy or a posy); sprinkle with one of the other colors.
- 13Set 3: make a criss-cross woven shape; sprinkle with remaining colored sugar.
- 14Set cookies aside in a single layer to dry.
- 15Store in covered container with waxed paper between layers.
- 16SERVING: Include some of each color and remember the wonderful gifts of love presented to Jesus by the magi from the East. And what gift have YOU given to the Lord?.
- 17BRILLIANT IDEA: Place the Reeses right side up for one shape and upside down for another. DOVE bars are simply the B-E-S-T and shouldn't be squandered on wishy-washy chocolate lovers.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Epiphany / Christmas Cookies Aka: Wisemen Gifts
Serving Size: 1 (1647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2414.9
- Calories from Fat 983
- Total Fat 109.3 g
- Saturated Fat 49.1 g
- Cholesterol 286.6 mg
- Sodium 1814.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 331.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 210.1 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: