Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Food for Thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School.
- 24 ounces fish fillets
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- paprika, to your liking
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a baking dish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add lemon juice and mushrooms and saute 10-12 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in flour and gradually add in the cream, stirring constantly; simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add sherry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mushroom sauce over fish fillets.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs and paprika.
- Top the fish with with the crumb mixture.
- Bake until fish is white and flakey and top is browned, about 10 minutes.