Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of mine found this veggie burger and shared it with me. It is the best one out there! Found on http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/epic-crispy-quinoa-burgers-topped-sweet-potato-fries-beer-caramelized-onions-gruyere/
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup cannellini beans, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 your favorite hamburger buns
- In a bowl combine the quinoa, mashed cannellini beans, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to moisten the ingredients and then mix in the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well again and form into 4 or 5 equal burger patties (I made 5). Place on a plate and put in the fridge.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grab the quinoa burgers and cook until golden and crisp, about five minutes per side. During the last minute or so of cooking add the cheese, cover the pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. My burgers were not crumbly at all and very easy to flip.
- Assemble burgers with your favourite toppings. Caramelized onions, avocado, lettuce, onion, mayo, dijon and ketchup are great.