Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Epcot Center at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This is a good salad.
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 chopped zucchini
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 12 ounces couscous, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 cups tangerines or 2 cups mandarin orange segments
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, garlic, sweet bell peppers and zucchini in olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil to vegetables along with raisins, chickpeas and orange juice.
- Toss vegetable mixture with couscous and pan juices.
- Add parsley and gently fold in citrus segments.
- Mound mixture onto a serving platter and garnish with mint.
I sang "It's a Small Wold" all during the preperation and comsumption of this dish. Ok, not quite, but this was really good. I am a huge Disney fan, we went there last year, and this was my favorite resteraunt and dish there. And I am thrilled to say that is is almost identical in taste to the original. And while my kids initially balked at the veggies in it, the wolfed it down after the first bite, and ezpecially loved the taste of the couscous and fruit. An extremely healthy dish with wonderful taste. It brought back many fond memories of our trip.
This was pretty tasty. Like everyone else it needed some additions and the measurements weren't given for the cinnamon and nutmeg so I assumed a pinch. Kept adding more till it tasted right. I liked the mixture of flavors of the vegetables but orange segments didn't seem to go with the flavors. I will make it again and just leave that out. Very colorful.
I made this a day ahead for a party, so it didn't taste quite as fresh and bright as what I remember from EPCOT, but it was still very good. I used tangerine segments, but I think mandarin oranges might have been better. Either that, or taking the time to cut the membranes off the tangerine would have let it meld better. Overall, quite tasty!