Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Disney recipe. Use real maple syrup, use real heavy cream, use real butter. USE YOUR THERMOMETER OK? Note this is very rich. And don't look at me.. You can bring Disney home. Me? I will have to buy mine at Epcot. everyone else can make it, I just blow up No Fail for Dummies Fudge..
- 3 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Generously butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Put maple syrup and cream in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Insert a candy thermometer and continue to boil, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 238º F, or the soft-ball stage. (This takes between 30-45 minutes.).
- Remove the pan from the heat and add butter, without stirring. When the fudge has cooled to 110º F, add the walnuts and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to lose its gloss and hold its shape.
- Turn the fudge into the prepared pan and allow it to cool for several hours. When the surface is firm to the touch, cut the fudge into 16 squares.