Recipe by HELEN PEAGRAM_409512891
Rigatoni a la Vodka Penne Ala Vodka and Smoked Salmon Pennestroika Penne with Vodka and Spicy Tomato Penne in Vodka Sauce A Healthier Penne with Vodka Penne Ala Vodka Penne With Creamy Mushroom And Vodka Sauce
Top Review by Leah Moran
It was a good recipe, but I felt it needed a little garlic. My son said it was just like he had it in a restaurant. (which in our neighborhood is a great restuarant). Bravo great stuff.
- 16 ounces dry penne pasta, cooked
- 1 onion, medium finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, shredded or pureed
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- to taste peppar vodka
- 1 pinch salt
- to taste parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter and olive oil until transparent. Add shredded
- or pureed tomatoes with juice. Cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until all liquid content is reduced.
- Meanwhile in separate saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, drain very well and set aside. When tomato sauce is ready, stir in heavy cream.
- Bring to a near boil, reduce heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes until cream and tomatoes are well blended.
- Stir in sauce and pepper vodka, mix, stir in hot cooked penne pasta.
- Stir together to blend.
- Liberally sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. -Rosalind Beck CHEF'S NOTES: Pepper vodka is a commercial item available at many liquor stores, but chef Enzo Perlini prefers the flavor of a homemade version: stir 1/4 tsp.
- red crushed pepper in 4 Tbsp Vodka.
- Marinate 3 hours or overnight. Using coffee filter or fine cloth napkin, allow peppered vodka to filter 3 hours.
- Remove and discard filter and set peppered vodka concentrate aside. Penne is large straight tubes of macaroni cut on the diagonal.