My friend made this and it was delicious. I've never had a cranberry pie, I love it. Sweet and tart. Wonderful with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. I just love it plain. The berries retains the bright red color of cranberries unlike when you cook them whole and they turn dark red. Great for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash cranberries and drain.
- 3Chop cranberries by hand or in food processor, then mix with sugar and cornstarch.
- 4Mix egg with vanilla extract, then add to cranberries.
- 5Mix until combined.
- 6Put bottom crust over pie pan.
- 7Pour mixture into bottom crust.
- 8Cut top crust into strips.
- 9Cover fruit with strips of pastry into lattice.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until fillings bubble and pastry brown.
- 12Service with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Environs Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 244.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g